When working with groups in Office 365 over time, you may find you no longer need to be part of a group, or a group you created is no longer active nor needed. In this movie, you will know how to leave a group you don't need to be a member of, and delete a group you created or are the owner of when it is no longer relevant.
- [Narrator] Over time when working with…Office 365 groups certain groups that you've joined…you may no longer need to be a part of.…Maybe you're not involved any longer.…Or, perhaps you've created one of your own groups,…perhaps through Planner that's tied to a specific project.…The project comes to an end, you no longer need the group.…We're going to talk about leaving groups,…where you don't need to be participating,…and removing or deleting your own groups…that you've created.…Let's start with leaving a group.…I'm gonna go through my list of groups over here…and click Brochure Design.…
I got involved in this group giving some input,…but I'm no longer required to be a member of this group.…So all I have to do, because I've joined,…is go to the top right corner where it says joined,…click the drop down, and as you can see…I can leave this group.…If you subscribed to receiving e-mails…you can also unsubscribe here first,…but I didn't, all I need to do is click leave group.…I'll be removed from the group.…I'm no longer showing up there,…
In this course, David Rivers walks users through the basics of Office 365 groups, from creating a group and adding members to finding and joining other groups. Learn how to communicate with colleagues in a group, schedule group meetings, and collaborate on documents and larger projects.
- Describe the benefits of using Office 365 groups.
- Differentiate between group owners and group members.
- Explain how to subscribe or unsubscribe to a group’s email.
- Recall how to leave or delete a group.
- Describe how to schedule meetings with groups.
- Recall who can edit or cancel an event.
- Explain how to find and open a shared file.
- Cite the method for sharing a file externally.