In this course, David Rivers walks users through the basics of Office 365 groups, from creating a group and adding members to finding and joining other groups. Learn how to communicate with colleagues in a group, schedule group meetings, and collaborate on documents and larger projects.
- Describe the benefits of using Office 365 groups.
- Differentiate between group owners and group members.
- Explain how to subscribe or unsubscribe to a group’s email.
- Recall how to leave or delete a group.
- Describe how to schedule meetings with groups.
- Recall who can edit or cancel an event.
- Explain how to find and open a shared file.
- Cite the method for sharing a file externally.
Skill Level Beginner
- [David] Hi and welcome to this course on learning the basics of Office 365 Groups. I'm David Rivers. Office 365 Groups is yet another powerful tool from Microsoft, designed to make it easier for teams to communicate, plan, and collaborate with one another. This course is designed for end-users. In other words, those who will create, manage, and join groups for the purpose of better communication and collaboration amongst team members. We'll begin by reviewing what Office 365 Groups are and how they compare to other types of groups out there.
Then we'll move on to managing groups, as a group owner or a group member, before we move on to covering many of the different options you have for communicating with group members. Lastly, we'll spend some time exploring how to collaborate with group members using Notes and sharing files within the group. So what do you need to know to get the most out of this course? We'll talk about that next.