Join Toni Saddler-French for an in-depth discussion in this video Introduction to information policies in SharePoint, part of Managing Records in SharePoint.
…Content types and information management policies are two features that…are often used with the records management strategy.…Now these features can be used with other types of content.…They're especially powerful when used with records management.…Information management policy, I can imply a different set of actions to…a file before it becomes a record and after it becomes a record.…Let's take a look at the Engineering Projects library where I've…added some content types.…These content types were created at the site collection level and…then added to the library.…
These content types are also added to the new document menu.…Document is the default, but there are also content types for…contracts, leases, and for specs.…So what is a content type?…A content type is basically a category of content that can have its own templates,…its own properties which some people call metadata but basically it's…just information about the file or the list item and also other settings.…Let's take a look at the project office specification file that has…
- List three benefits of treating content as a record.
- Plan an effective records management strategy by gathering information from stakeholders.
- Organize a Records Center by creating content types.
- Define a multistage policy.
- Use site policies to manage large volumes of SharePoint sites.
- Explain troubleshooting solutions for common problems.