In this video, Sharon will step through the Preparation list for the AD FS server installation. This list includes preparing your network, acquiring certificates, deploying the servers, setting up trusts via PowerShell, configuring DNS, and finally verifying and testing the implementation of single sign on.
- [Voiceover] I need to perform a few preparation…steps to ensure AD FS will work correctly.…I would suggest all the preparation work…be done before installing and configuring AD FS.…Microsoft provides an AD FS checklist…that will not only help you with your implementation,…but can also be used as a study guide.…As in any deployment, we must consider…the installation preparation that helps ensure…our deployment is successful and secure.…Our installation preparation includes…creating an AD FS Service Account,…obtaining the certificates, setting the firewall ports,…configuring DNS, and if required,…configuring load balancing.…
AD FS requires a dedicated service account.…These account credentials will have to be supplied…to each new AD FS server as it is added to the farm.…Ensure log on as a service and log on as a batch rights…have been enabled on the service account.…To do this, you're gonna go into your MMC Console,…under Local Computer Policy, Computer Configuration,…Windows Settings, Security Settings,…Local Policies, and finally, User Rights Assignment.…
Here, system admins will learn how to implement and manage federated identities for single sign-on in Office 365. Microsoft Certified Trainer Sharon Bennett shows how to plan for an Active Directory Federation Services (AD FS), install the AD FS role on Windows Server 2012 R2, and install and manage AD FS proxy servers.
Note: This training course maps to the Implement and Manage Federated Identities for SSO domain for Microsoft Certification exam 70-346.
- Planning for AD FS
- Sizing your infrastructure
- Configuring clients
- Installing the AD FS role
- Managing your servers
- Installing and configuring the AD FS proxy
- Tips for taking Microsoft Certification exam 70-346