In this video, Sharon will provide a step by step demonstration for a successful installation of the Active Directory Federated Services role using Server Manager on Server 2012 R2, following a demonstration of importing the SSL certificate using the Certificate Snap-in in the Microsoft Management Console.
- View Offline
- [Voiceover] With my planning requirements complete,…I'm ready to install the AD FS role…on my dedicated domain joined server.…To install the AD FS role, navigate to Server Manager…and then Add Roles and Features.…This installation will be very similar…to an AD FS installation on server 2012.…For instructions on server 2008,…please refer to the resource handout.…I'm gonna go ahead and select Add Roles and Features.…We'll presented with a Before you begin page,…we can go ahead and click Next.…
As this is a role, we'll be selecting…the role-based or feature-based installation, click Next.…I'll be installing this on my local dedicated server,…it's already selected for us, click Next.…I'm installing Active Directory Federation Services.…I'm gonna go ahead and select that option, and click Next.…I do not need anything from the Features page.…I can skip this, I can go ahead and click Next.…Then we have our Active Directory…Federation Services information page.…
It gives us a little bit of information…of what we need to know about this role.…
Here, system admins will learn how to implement and manage federated identities for single sign-on in Office 365. Microsoft Certified Trainer Sharon Bennett shows how to plan for an Active Directory Federation Services (AD FS), install the AD FS role on Windows Server 2012 R2, and install and manage AD FS proxy servers.
Note: This training course maps to the Implement and Manage Federated Identities for SSO domain for Microsoft Certification exam 70-346.
- Planning for AD FS
- Sizing your infrastructure
- Configuring clients
- Installing the AD FS role
- Managing your servers
- Installing and configuring the AD FS proxy
- Tips for taking Microsoft Certification exam 70-346