On occasion, you may come across content on your computer screen that you would like to include on a slide in a PowerPoint presentation. In this movie, you will know how to use the screen clipping function to capture content from one application, such as a web browser, to be inserted onto a slide in a presentation you have open and are working on.
- [Voiceover] Sometimes when creating presentations here in…PowerPoint you find content that already exists…elsewhere maybe a document, a spreadsheet,…maybe even a web page and you want to use…that content in your presentation.…Well you can go and get it using a screen clipping.…That's what we're going to talk about in this movie…with our Landon Hotel presentation 0504,…if you're catching up.…Let's go down on the lefthand side here to the…very bottom and select slide eight.…That's where we want to insert some content from…the Landon Hotel website.…
It's gonna go down here in this empty white space.…Well the first step is to get that content…up on your screen.…So I'm gonna go up to my PowerPoint menu…and Hide PowerPoint.…Now I'm gonna go to Safari.…You can already see I'm at landonhotel.com…where I found the content.…You can scroll up and down if you're following along 'til…you get to this content where we see Rooftop Cafe,…Smoothie Bar, Breakfast & Coffee Bar and the images.…Maybe that's all we want. We don't want the whole screen.…
- Animating objects with the Animation Painter
- Creating custom shapes and animations
- Playing sounds
- Accessing recent files fast
- Reducing file size
- Customizing the interface
- Navigating from the keyboard
- Adjusting spacing
- Creating 3D images
- Coordinating transitions
- Reusing slides
- Saving and sharing presentations
Skill Level Advanced
1. Top Ten Tips
2. Tips for File Management
Access recent files quickly4m 25s
3. Customize the User Interface
Customize the UI4m 21s
4. Keyboard and Mouse Shortcuts
5. Work with Text and Media
6. Work with Objects and Animations
7. Share Presentations
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.