Real-time video and audio conversations in Teams are referred to as meetings. You can jump into a meeting at a moment's notice, or you can schedule them a specific time. This video introduces meetings in general and focuses specifically on the on-demand meeting format.
- [Instructor] Video and audio calls…are built into Microsoft Teams,…but they're referred to as meetings.…You can start a meeting on-demand at any time…or you can schedule meetings for the future.…In this movie, we'll focus on on-demand meetings.…So to start a meeting,…we'll use one of the buttons that we skipped over before.…If you go to a text field…to either reply to an existing thread…or the text field down at the bottom…to start a new conversation,…one of the buttons below the text field…is the camera button.…That's where you'll go to start an on-demand meeting…and we'll hit that in just a second but before that,…I want to think about some important variables.…
The meetings feature is one thing…that you will not find on the mobile app…so you need to do this on a desktop computer.…Also, at the time of this recording,…you cannot do meetings in the web interface.…That will probably change in a future update,…but for now, I'm working in the desktop application,…not the Team's website.…When you do a meeting,…it can be audio only or audio and video both.…
Lynda.com is a PMI Registered Education Provider. This course qualifies for professional development units (PDUs). To view the activity and PDU details for this course, click here.
The PMI Registered Education Provider logo is a registered mark of the Project Management Institute, Inc.
- Touring the interface
- Creating teams and adding members
- Sending, receiving, editing, and deleting messages
- Using chats for private messages
- Managing and deleting teams, channels, and team members
- Scheduling a meeting and inviting attendees
- Sharing files
- Customizing channel tabs
- Using bots to add extra functionality
- Adjusting user settings
- Accessing administrator settings
- Using the mobile app for iOS and Android