In this video, learn some of the technical infrastructure requirements needed to effectively implement collaborative tools. However, all the excitement about collaborative tools won't matter if your network can't support the traffic. What do you need to consider when you're building the hardware backbone?
- Here's something else that needs some thought put to it.…All the excitement in your organization…about using collaborative tools won't matter…if your network can't support the traffic.…You'd be surprised at how often this gets overlooked.…The fact of the matter is that effectively deploying…collaborative tools and technologies…can take up a significant amount of bandwidth.…If you don't take things like this into consideration,…you could be condemning people to an excruciatingly slow…overall network experience.…
Of course this is beyond the scope of most people.…It's the network engineers who are going to be…the most active in planning for this…and setting things up,…but I think there's a value in everyone having…a general awareness of some of the types of things…that go into this.…The way I think about it is that the more visibility…into the process, the less likely something will get missed.…I also think that it's nice that the less technical people…in the organization have an appreciation…of the types of behind the scenes effort…
- Identify the benefits of modern file collaboration tools.
- Describe the different approaches to setting up team spaces.
- Explain the technical requirements for a collaborative workplace.
- Outline success factors in migrating to a collaborative workplace.
- Illustrate how modern technology supports collaboration.
- Define business collaboration.
Skill Level Intermediate
1. The Toolset of Collaboration
2. Why Digital Collaboration?
3. Things to Consider
4. Fostering a Modern Workplace: Culture Trumps Technology
5. Best Practices
Where to go from here2m 1s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.