The ADFS implementation will require planning. From DNS, certificates, firewall configuration and the placement of the servers, you will need to understand the Implementation considerations of the deployment. In this video, Sharon will explore the various considerations and then do a deeper dive into each component.
- [Voiceover] As with any project, planning is critical…AD FS requires several components…and to ensure a smooth implementation, planning is key.…Some of these considerations,…to meet exam objectives and implementation goals include…certificates, multi-factor authentication,…DNS host name records, database options,…active directory of remediation…and access filtering using claims rules.…Other objectives include capacity planning,…client configuration, placement of the AD FS servers,…and high availability.…
I'll discuss each of these in it's own video…a little later on.…Certificate secure communication between federation servers,…federation server proxys, Office 365, and web clients.…SSL certificate is required…when configuring federation server settings…and this certificate must be issued by a public CA.…The certificate must be 2048 bit or greater key size.…The AD FS server needs an X509 token signing certificate.…It is recommended to use a self-signing certificate…instead of a certificate issued from a CA.…
The certificate requirements differ between AD FS 3.0,…
Here, system admins will learn how to implement and manage federated identities for single sign-on in Office 365. Microsoft Certified Trainer Sharon Bennett shows how to plan for an Active Directory Federation Services (AD FS), install the AD FS role on Windows Server 2012 R2, and install and manage AD FS proxy servers.
Note: This training course maps to the Implement and Manage Federated Identities for SSO domain for Microsoft Certification exam 70-346.
- Planning for AD FS
- Sizing your infrastructure
- Configuring clients
- Installing the AD FS role
- Managing your servers
- Installing and configuring the AD FS proxy
- Tips for taking Microsoft Certification exam 70-346