In this video, Sharon will explain the nuances of the capacity planning, including choosing the correct hardware for each federated server and how to calculate the number of servers required for optimal performance. The installation steps, based on the required capacity are also outlined. The minimum and recommended server hardware is also discussed.
- [Voiceover] Microsoft provides clear guidelines…to correctly size a given implementation,…or more simply stated, how many servers…are going to be required.…To meet the exam objectives, you'll need to understand…Microsoft's recommendations.…However, this can also be helpful…when determining the infrastructure needs…when building a new Office 365 SSL environment.…AD FS solutions for less than 1000 users…will require two AD FS roles to be installed.…These roles could be installed on a dedicated server…or even on a domain controller.…
I would not recommend putting an AD FS role…on a DC, as this puts the DC at risk.…Two proxy or web application roles are also required.…These roles can be installed on either…a dedicated server or existing proxy servers.…And finally, one network load balancer…must be installed on a dedicated server.…The installation steps for less than 1000 users…are as follows.…Install the first AD FS server role…on either a dedicated member server…or an existing domain controller.…Configuring the first installation as…
Here, system admins will learn how to implement and manage federated identities for single sign-on in Office 365. Microsoft Certified Trainer Sharon Bennett shows how to plan for an Active Directory Federation Services (AD FS), install the AD FS role on Windows Server 2012 R2, and install and manage AD FS proxy servers.
Note: This training course maps to the Implement and Manage Federated Identities for SSO domain for Microsoft Certification exam 70-346.
- Planning for AD FS
- Sizing your infrastructure
- Configuring clients
- Installing the AD FS role
- Managing your servers
- Installing and configuring the AD FS proxy
- Tips for taking Microsoft Certification exam 70-346