Office 365 uses Azure Active Directory for your Office 365 (and other Microsoft online services) identities. It is this directory that we need to sync to our on-premise active directory too and ADFS is technology we use do it. In this video, Sharon will provide an overview how ADFS works with Office 365. This will include how a user both internal or external is authenticated to Office 365.
- [Voiceover] Now that I have covered the basics of AD FS,…I will now focus on how it integrates with Office 365.…Leveraging AD FS for Office 365…provides a single sign-on experience for your users.…As you can see from the graphic,…we are able to securely separate…the different components of the implementation,…but still allow the users to validate…for Office 365 via the company Active Directory.…We will see this process in more detail shortly.…As your Active Directory,…the directory service for Office 365,…supports AD FS, Shibboleth identity provider…and other third-party identity providers.…
The Shibboleth identity provider applies…the security assertion markup language…otherwise known as SAML,…to provide the single sign-on experience.…Please note, as this is a third-party provider,…Microsoft does not provide support for deployment,…configuration or troubleshooting.…We will not be discussing Shibboleth…or any other third-party identity providers…during this series.…Our focus will only be on AD FS.…Let's look at how a user would authenticate…
Here, system admins will learn how to implement and manage federated identities for single sign-on in Office 365. Microsoft Certified Trainer Sharon Bennett shows how to plan for an Active Directory Federation Services (AD FS), install the AD FS role on Windows Server 2012 R2, and install and manage AD FS proxy servers.
Note: This training course maps to the Implement and Manage Federated Identities for SSO domain for Microsoft Certification exam 70-346.
- Planning for AD FS
- Sizing your infrastructure
- Configuring clients
- Installing the AD FS role
- Managing your servers
- Installing and configuring the AD FS proxy
- Tips for taking Microsoft Certification exam 70-346