In this video, learn how collaborative tools can provide freedom for workers. Since so many of the best collaborative tools are online, it creates a better environment for the remote worker — and in doing so, opens the modern workplace to all kinds of alternate workstyles.
- One of the things that I like best…about the modern workplace…is the freedom that it can give to people.…What do I mean, freedom?…Well, freedom to work where and when I want…is the first thing that comes to mind.…Since so many of the best collaborative tools…are internet-based,…they create a better environment…for the remote worker.…Now, I've been regularly working from home…one or two days a week for years,…but I'm still in constant contact with my team…and have immediate access to all the information I need…through collaborative tools and technology.…
There is also an enablement of flexible scheduling…that becomes available with collaborative functionality.…If I need to start early or work late,…I have the ability to do so.…I also have the ability to stay connected to my work…if I need to attend to personal business,…even from half the world away.…Now, obviously there has to be some agreement…on the team and with management…about the work that needs to get done.…There has to be adequate coverage,…and not all jobs are conducive…
- Identify the benefits of modern file collaboration tools.
- Describe the different approaches to setting up team spaces.
- Explain the technical requirements for a collaborative workplace.
- Outline success factors in migrating to a collaborative workplace.
- Illustrate how modern technology supports collaboration.
- Define business collaboration.
Skill Level Intermediate
1. The Toolset of Collaboration
2. Why Digital Collaboration?
3. Things to Consider
4. Fostering a Modern Workplace: Culture Trumps Technology
5. Best Practices
Where to go from here2m 1s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.