You can add visual interest to a slide by inserting graphical elements such as images and shapes. It can become even more interesting when you add an image TO a shape. In this movie, you will know how to draw a shape and change its' fill to an image you have stored on your computer, creating the effect of an image getting reshaped.
- View Offline
- Exercise Files
- [Voiceover] One thing you can do with images…here in PowerPoint 2016 to make them more interesting…is to insert them inside a shape.…There's a couple of different ways to do it.…That's what we're going to do in this movie…with our Landon Hotel presentation 0109,…if you're catching up.…Let's go to the very last slide here, slide 8.…Down the left-hand side, give it a click.…And we have some empty space down below.…This might be a good place for one of those shapes…that's filled with a graphic.…So one option is to start with the shape.…
We go up to our Shapes dropdown here…on the Home tab of the ribbon.…And let's go to a cool-looking basic shape.…We'll go with the sun.…And now holding down your Shift key,…we'll click and drag from the top left to the bottom right…so we get a perfectly proportioned sun.…Just move it into position there.…And you can see it gets the default fill,…but we can change that by filling it up with an image.…So, we go to the Shape Format tab,…go to the Shape Fill dropdown arrow, click that,…
- Animating objects with the Animation Painter
- Creating custom shapes and animations
- Playing sounds
- Accessing recent files fast
- Reducing file size
- Customizing the interface
- Navigating from the keyboard
- Adjusting spacing
- Creating 3D images
- Coordinating transitions
- Reusing slides
- Saving and sharing presentations
Skill Level Advanced
1. Top Ten Tips
2. Tips for File Management
Access recent files quickly4m 25s
3. Customize the User Interface
Customize the UI4m 21s
4. Keyboard and Mouse Shortcuts
5. Work with Text and Media
6. Work with Objects and Animations
7. Share Presentations
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.