In this video, learn what file management entails and see examples of some different tools. Being able to easily store and retrieve information is crucial in business. New tools allow you not only better ways to manage files; they let you share more easily with others both inside and outside your organization.
- Being able to easily store…and retrieve information is crucial in business.…New tools allows us not only better ways to manage files,…they let us share more easily with others both inside…and outside our organizations.…At the most basic, there are network shared drives.…For a long time, this was pretty much all we had.…Shared drives allow you to store…and retrieve information alright,…but they're limited and not very flexible.…Access is restricted and usually controlled…by a central administrator,…so giving access to additional people gets complicated.…
Additionally, they don't usually give much information about…who has access, who has edited or added or deleted files,…and other details you may need.…A step above this are dedicated document management systems.…Some products that are available at this…time are Samepage, LogicalDOC, and FileHold,…however, they're pretty specialized.…What's more popular these days are online tools…such as OneDrive, Google Drive, and Box.…
Now, many people use these as personal solutions,…
- Identify the benefits of modern file collaboration tools.
- Describe the different approaches to setting up team spaces.
- Explain the technical requirements for a collaborative workplace.
- Outline success factors in migrating to a collaborative workplace.
- Illustrate how modern technology supports collaboration.
- Define business collaboration.
Skill Level Intermediate
1. The Toolset of Collaboration
2. Why Digital Collaboration?
3. Things to Consider
4. Fostering a Modern Workplace: Culture Trumps Technology
5. Best Practices
Where to go from here2m 1s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.