In this video, learn the importance of involving the workforce to deepen and speed up adoption of collaborative practices. The reality is that most people have at least a little resistance to change. Letting them know what's changing, when, and how it will affect them goes a long way towards decreasing resistance.
- This chapter of the course…is more directed towards the people…who are in charge of building…the collaborative modern workplace at their organizations,…but I think there are things of value here for everyone.…So, it's not enough to one day declare,…we are now a collaborative workforce.…As I alluded to earlier in the course,…there's some work that needs to be done in advance…to make it possible to achieve a culture and environment…where collaboration can thrive.…I mean, we're talking about…some pretty substantial changes, right?…The reality is that most people have at least…a little resistance to change.…
Letting them know what's changing, when,…and how it will affect them…goes a long way towards decreasing resistance.…This is why I think…that a robust transition plan is critical.…I'd start with the idea of engaged communications…about the coming transition.…Start telling people early what's going to happen,…why it's happening, and how it will change…the way they work.…Of course, concentrate on the positives.…You'll have more freedom,…
- Identify the benefits of modern file collaboration tools.
- Describe the different approaches to setting up team spaces.
- Explain the technical requirements for a collaborative workplace.
- Outline success factors in migrating to a collaborative workplace.
- Illustrate how modern technology supports collaboration.
- Define business collaboration.
Skill Level Intermediate
1. The Toolset of Collaboration
2. Why Digital Collaboration?
3. Things to Consider
4. Fostering a Modern Workplace: Culture Trumps Technology
5. Best Practices
Where to go from here2m 1s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.