Office telemetry is not enabled by default and needs to manually enabled and configured. In this lesson, Sharon outlines the steps needed to enable and configure the telemetry, including detailing the action items.
- [Instructor] In order to use the Dashboard,…the Agent must be configured.…This is step four of the set up process.…We're gonna go ahead and download…the administrative templates.…Click on the link and you'll be directed to a webpage.…Now, we can go ahead and download the templates.…Click Download.…I am running a 64-bit operating system,…therefore I'm gonna take the 64-bit templates.…Click Next.…And the download will start.…
These are small files, it won't take long to download.…Once the download is complete, double click on the .exe.…Go ahead, select Run.…You have to Agree to the License Terms,…then click Continue.…I'm gonna go ahead and put them right on my Desktop.…The files have now been extracted.…Go ahead, click OK.…I'm gonna go ahead and open up that folder on the Desktop.…The two folders that were extracted…were the admin and the admx.…
I'm gonna go ahead and select the admx.…Our next step is to copy the Office 16 admx file…to the Windows Policy Definitions folder.…I'm gonna go ahead and do that.…Next, I'm just gonna paste the file.…
- Restricting self-provisioning of Office 365 ProPlus
- Restricting and revoking activation
- Self-provisioning Windows Store apps and Office for Mac
- Managing deployments of Office 365 ProPlus
- Enabling telemetry
- Deploying agents
- Configuring Outlook, Skype, and Office Online
- Implementing authentication
Skill Level Intermediate
Q: This course was updated on 08/14/2018. What changed?
A: The following topics were updated: restricting self-provisioning of Office 365 ProPlus, managing streaming updates, and customizing deployment using the Office Deployment Tool. In addition, new videos were added that cover configuring Visio Online and creating a pilot group for testing Office 365 ProPlus updates.