In this video, see how chat can be much more effective than emails for ongoing conversations. Have you ever been involved in a long email chain with multiple people? If yes, you know how difficult it can sometimes be to follow the entire conversation. Using chat-type messaging can provide some much needed clarity and relief to overloaded mailboxes.
- Let me describe a fairly common scenario.…John sends an email to Sally.…Sally sends a reply.…John responses to her again.…Sally forwards the email to Bill with a question.…Bill responses to Sally and attaches a document.…Sally replies to both John…and Bill and references the attached document.…Unfortunately, John doesn't have…that document because he wasn't on that email,…so he has to contact Bill, and ask for it.…
But while he's doing that,…Sally has forwarded the document to five other people.…And they start emailing about it…and not everyone is on every email,…which means the conversation has now gotten out of hand.…Worse yet, people are making changes to the document,…and there are about seven versions floating around,…and it would be more or less impossible to say…which is the definitive version at this point,…because not everyone has seen all…of the various additions and changes.…
What a mess, huh?…But it happens all the time.…The problem here is that although email is a great…tool for sharing information,…
- Identify the benefits of modern file collaboration tools.
- Describe the different approaches to setting up team spaces.
- Explain the technical requirements for a collaborative workplace.
- Outline success factors in migrating to a collaborative workplace.
- Illustrate how modern technology supports collaboration.
- Define business collaboration.
Skill Level Intermediate
1. The Toolset of Collaboration
2. Why Digital Collaboration?
3. Things to Consider
4. Fostering a Modern Workplace: Culture Trumps Technology
5. Best Practices
Where to go from here2m 1s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.