Co-authoring is when multiple people edit a document at the same time. If you share a Word, Excel, or PowerPoint file with your team, you also have the ability to co-author the document with your teammates. See how to make changed to a document and we'll see what happens when another person edits the same file at the same time.
- [Instructor] In another movie,…we saw how you can share files…with your teammates in Microsoft Teams.…Now, I'd like to dig a little deeper and talk about editing…and even coauthoring Microsoft Office documents…from within the Teams interface.…Let's look at some documents that I've shared with my team.…I'm in this Marketing Design channel,…and I want to go up to the tabs at the top of this screen…and go to the Files tab…where I can see a list of all of the files…that I've uploaded to this team.…And we did that in another movie.…You may have a lot more files.…I'm just using these two as an example.…
And I'd like to start by looking…at this Microsoft Word document,…so I'm going to click on the name of the document.…It will open it up,…and it will show me a preview of that document.…So I can scroll through here,…and I can read the document.…But I'm not going to make any changes to it here.…You may have already noticed that there is an Edit button…up here at the top of the screen.…That's going to be important to what we're talking about here,…
Lynda.com is a PMI Registered Education Provider. This course qualifies for professional development units (PDUs). To view the activity and PDU details for this course, click here.
The PMI Registered Education Provider logo is a registered mark of the Project Management Institute, Inc.
- Touring the interface
- Creating teams and adding members
- Sending, receiving, editing, and deleting messages
- Using chats for private messages
- Managing and deleting teams, channels, and team members
- Scheduling a meeting and inviting attendees
- Sharing files
- Customizing channel tabs
- Using bots to add extra functionality
- Adjusting user settings
- Accessing administrator settings
- Using the mobile app for iOS and Android