In this video, learn how to use an new setting option in Outlook to change reminder settings to automatically dismiss reminders for events that occur in the past.
- [Instructor] The Reminders feature here in Outlook can come in very handy and help to ensure you never miss a meeting. However, too much of a good thing can be bad. For example, if you didn't dismiss meetings that have already come and gone, you may still receive reminders for events that occurred in the past. Well, there's a new feature now that allows you to automatically dismiss those so that you never have to deal with past events. We're going to take a look at it now by going up to the File tab up here, in Outlook. Doesn't matter what you're looking at.
We're going to go to the Options next, click there, and from the Outlook Options dialog, click Advanced over here on the left-hand side. You'll notice in the Reminders group now, there's a check box to automatically dismiss reminders for past calendar events. Clicking this check box, then clicking OK to save those changes means you'll never receive reminders for events that have already come and gone.
- Getting writing assistance from Editor
- Using the Resume Assistant in Word
- Turning data into maps in Excel
- Setting access to linked files right within Outlook
- Creating better PowerPoint lists with Designer
- Using the math assistant in OneNote
- Working with Microsoft To-Do and Forms