In this video, receive an introduction to digital communities and team spaces. Modern workplace groups may be organization or interest driven. Communities and team spaces lets these groups with common purposes have a central hub where they can chat, share information, and work together.
- We touched on this when we were talking…about chatting, but let's take a bit closer look…at digital communities and team spaces.…This is a rapidly growing area in the digital workplace,…and I think rightly so.…Communities and team spaces…let groups within an organization…have a central hub where they can chat,…share information, and work together.…Sometimes these groups are set up organizationally.…You'll have a space set up where you can talk…and share information with…the people in your department, say.…
And sometimes groups are set up around a common interest,…such as a project or a technology user group,…or even a non work interest.…There's also typically an all feed,…where you can see general interest messages…to the entire enterprise.…You also usually have options to make groups…or communities public.…Anyone can see them.…Or private, restricted to a specific set of people…with membership controlled by the group owner.…
Now some companies automatically assign employees…to specific groups, where other companies…
- Identify the benefits of modern file collaboration tools.
- Describe the different approaches to setting up team spaces.
- Explain the technical requirements for a collaborative workplace.
- Outline success factors in migrating to a collaborative workplace.
- Illustrate how modern technology supports collaboration.
- Define business collaboration.
Skill Level Intermediate
1. The Toolset of Collaboration
2. Why Digital Collaboration?
3. Things to Consider
4. Fostering a Modern Workplace: Culture Trumps Technology
5. Best Practices
Where to go from here2m 1s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.