Join David Rivers for an in-depth discussion in this video Defining and adding users, part of Learning Office 365.
- Well we've already established…that the very first person to set up Office 365,…whether it be at home or in a business environment,…that very first user is an administrator…and that comes with administrator privileges.…One of the things you'll want to do as an administrator…is add additional users.…If it's a home environment, it will be family members,…so they each have their own logins.…If it's a business environment,…it will be the employees at that business.…So, let's take a look at how administrator set up new users…in an Office 365 environment.…
First thing you'll want to do…is get to the admin environment…by either clicking Home once you've signed in…or clicking the Admin tile.…Either one is going to take you to the background…looking at the Office 365 admin center.…With the Dashboard selected,…you can see there are things we can do directly from here,…so we don't necessarily…have to navigate down to users, for example.…We can go over here to the right.…Under users and groups,…you can see links to Add users,…
- Learn how to store your files in the cloud using OneDrive.
- Assess how to adjust permissions and create users.
- Discover how to upload and manage files in the cloud.
- Use the App Launcher to quickly switch between Office 365 apps.
- Recognize how to communicate with team members.
- Identify how to connect with newsfeeds, LinkedIn, or blogs.
Skill Level Beginner
Q: This course was updated on 07/14/2016. What changed?
A: We added one new chapter on the Planner task management feature, introduced in Office 365 in June 2016.
Q: This course was updated on 04/05/2017. What changed?
A: New videos were added that show how to get started as an end user, including how to install client apps, navigate from app to app, and set up your profile.