Every channel has two tabs - the conversations tab and the files tab. But, you can add other tabs if you want certain information to be easily accessed by your teammates. You can make a special tab to display a web page or a document. There are several other options for new tabs as well, which you'll see in this movie.
- [Instructor] There are some tools that you can use…to add more important information…to the channels in your teams.…By adding additional tabs to a channel,…you can give your teammates easy access…to important materials.…In my channel, up at the top we see two tabs,…conversations and files.…We've spent plenty of time…with both of those in this course.…We can see all of our messages in the conversations tab,…and if we go to the files tab we can see all of the files…that we've shared with our teammates in this channel.…But then there is a plus button next to those two tabs.…
We can use that to add even more tabs.…So I'm going to click on that and we can see the options.…So for example I could add an important website…that I want the team to see.…So let me click on this website option,…and I'm going to give this a quick name.…And then I'll put in the address for this page.…Now one thing that you should notice here…is that you do have to use addresses…that begin with https.…
Most websites begin with http.…This is a secure address, this is only going to take…
Lynda.com is a PMI Registered Education Provider. This course qualifies for professional development units (PDUs). To view the activity and PDU details for this course, click here.
The PMI Registered Education Provider logo is a registered mark of the Project Management Institute, Inc.
- Touring the interface
- Creating teams and adding members
- Sending, receiving, editing, and deleting messages
- Using chats for private messages
- Managing and deleting teams, channels, and team members
- Scheduling a meeting and inviting attendees
- Sharing files
- Customizing channel tabs
- Using bots to add extra functionality
- Adjusting user settings
- Accessing administrator settings
- Using the mobile app for iOS and Android