Microsoft does its best to arrange the user interface in PowerPoint to make navigating your presentations, commands, and tools as efficient as possible, but you may have needs that could benefit from customizing the UI. In this movie, you will know how to customize the navigation pane to increase or decrease slide real estate, customize the ribbon to show or hide group names, and adjust the amount of space reserved for slide notes.
- [Voiceover] There's some things you can do…to customize your user interface to suit…your needs.…We're going to explore some of them now…in this movie.…And it doesn't really matter what…presentation you have open.…I still have Landon Hotel 0302 open…from the previous movie,…but anything will do because…we're going to focus on the user interface itself.…Maybe you wanna be able to see more of your slide…and there are things taking up room.…For example, the ribbon across the top.…Well if you only need to see the tabs…until you need the buttons on the ribbon,…you can collapse it clicking this little…arrow up here in the top right hand corner.…
Collapses the ribbon, there's the tabs.…And as soon as I click a tab,…like the home tab I see those options.…And notice the ribbon is back…when I click in my slide down below to do something…it stays there.…And we can collapse it when we no longer…need it by clicking the arrow.…You can expand it from here as well.…You don't need to click a tab to open…up your ribbon.…So that's kinda cool.…
- Animating objects with the Animation Painter
- Creating custom shapes and animations
- Playing sounds
- Accessing recent files fast
- Reducing file size
- Customizing the interface
- Navigating from the keyboard
- Adjusting spacing
- Creating 3D images
- Coordinating transitions
- Reusing slides
- Saving and sharing presentations
Skill Level Advanced
1. Top Ten Tips
2. Tips for File Management
Access recent files quickly4m 25s
3. Customize the User Interface
Customize the UI4m 21s
4. Keyboard and Mouse Shortcuts
5. Work with Text and Media
6. Work with Objects and Animations
7. Share Presentations
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.