Join Jess Stratton for an in-depth discussion in this video Creating a mail signature file, part of Office 365 for Mac: Learning Outlook.
- You may want to add a signature file…to the bottom of all of your outgoing e-mails.…A signature file is a small block of text…that contains your contact information.…It gets appended to the bottom…of every e-mail that you send out.…To create a signature file, from the very top of the screen,…click Outlook and choose Preferences.…In the Email section, click Signatures.…It comes with a default signature called Standard.…Let's change that.…I'll click Standard, and on the right-hand side,…I'm going to erase any existing text that's in there…and put in the text that I want to use…for my signature file.…
Now that my signature file's been made,…I need to assign it to an account.…Remember, I have two accounts set up with Outlook.…Down at the bottom of the screen,…I can see the account called Landonhotel.…For new messages, I'm going to click the blue triangles…and choose the Standard signature file,…which we just created.…It's up to me to decide if I also want that signature file…appended to any replies and forwards that I send out.…
- Adding email accounts
- Reading mail
- Organizing mail
- Creating, replying to, and forwarding email
- Creating new contacts and groups
- Creating appointments and meetings
- Adding a signature to email
Skill Level Beginner
1. Working with Email
2. Working with People
3. Working with the Calendar
4. Working with Outlook Data
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.