When formatting shapes on a slide, you will be presented with a large number of presets for shape fills and shape outlines, all of which are customizable. In this movie, you will know how to use the Format Shape pane to first, select a preset gradient fill for your shape, and then customize that gradient by choosing your own colors and gradient stops to create a steel pipe effect.
- When working with shapes here in PowerPoint…you can really change the look of…that shape by changing its fill.…We already know that from the previous movie…where we used an image.…But you can also create some special effects…by customizing one of the preset gradient fills.…That's what we're going to do in this movie with…our Landon Hotel presentation, 0110 if you're catching up.…We're actually going to go to slide seven,…you can give that a click, let's say we want…to create a separator between these two columns,…a nice thin cylinder in between these two.…
Well, to create that effect we start with a rectangle.…So with the Home tab of the ribbon selected,…click the shape's dropdown, go down to Rectangle,…give it a click, and now all we have to do…is click and drag across and down…to create this long, thin rectangle.…And we can move it into position…so it's fairly centered between those two columns,…and now we're ready to create the special effect.…So, with it selected you'll notice there's…a Shape Format tab, give that a click.…
- Animating objects with the Animation Painter
- Creating custom shapes and animations
- Playing sounds
- Accessing recent files fast
- Reducing file size
- Customizing the interface
- Navigating from the keyboard
- Adjusting spacing
- Creating 3D images
- Coordinating transitions
- Reusing slides
- Saving and sharing presentations
Skill Level Advanced
1. Top Ten Tips
2. Tips for File Management
Access recent files quickly4m 25s
3. Customize the User Interface
Customize the UI4m 21s
4. Keyboard and Mouse Shortcuts
5. Work with Text and Media
6. Work with Objects and Animations
7. Share Presentations
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.