Sharon discusses the similarities and differences between Office 365 groups and demonstrate how to create and manage these groups, including adding and removing members.
- [Instructor] Using groups is a great way…to manage like resources.…The needs of the group, will dictate the type of…group you will create.…There are four types of groups in Office 365.…Office 365 groups are typically used for team collaboration.…These groups are out of scope for this course.…Exchange Online security groups can be used not only…to distribute messages, but can also…grant permission to resources.…For example, you could create a security group,…with members whose membership then grants them…access to a specific folder.…
An Exchange Online distribution group is used…to distribute messages to users.…For example, you could send a message to only…the users in the Safety Committee distribution list.…And finally, there are Exchange Online…dynamic distribution groups.…Think of these groups as flexible distribution lists.…When using these types of distribution lists,…you create filters, that then create the distribution list,…based on your parameters.…For example, think about an HR department distribution list.…
- Changing the default and reply-to email addresses
- Managing SIP addresses
- Creating resource mailboxes
- Creating external contacts
- Creating distribution lists
- Creating and applying retention policies for Exchange mailboxes
- Configuring Skype for Business Online communication settings
Skill Level Intermediate
Q: This course was updated on 08/13/2018. What changed?
A: New videos were added that cover creating Office 365 groups, delegating permissions using the Office 365 portal and Windows PowerShell, and migrating public folders.