Managing the life cycle for your data is critical. In this video Sharon provides an overview of retention policies and demonstrates who can create policies and apply those policies to users using the Office 365 portal.
- [Instructor] Retention policies…are a Messaging Records Management or MRM technology…that helps companies manage their email.…Policies are used to retain messages…that are needed for legal reasons, company procedures,…or regulatory requirements.…You can also use policies to discard messages…that do not have value to your company.…To create a Retention Policy…that will be applied to a user's mailbox,…we must first create the Retention Tags.…Retention Tags contain an action for a message…and when to apply that action.…
Instead of talking about Policies…let's actually take a look at them.…As you can see, I have logged into Office 365…with an Admin account.…I'm going to go ahead and launch the Exchange Admin portal…and we will find retention policies…under compliance management…and then click on retention policies.…Your tenant will already have a Default MRM Policy.…Over to this side we can see the tags…that this policy currently contains.…This policy may not meet your needs,…you can go ahead and create your own policies…
- Changing the default and reply-to email addresses
- Managing SIP addresses
- Creating resource mailboxes
- Creating external contacts
- Creating distribution lists
- Creating and applying retention policies for Exchange mailboxes
- Configuring Skype for Business Online communication settings
Skill Level Intermediate
Q: This course was updated on 08/13/2018. What changed?
A: New videos were added that cover creating Office 365 groups, delegating permissions using the Office 365 portal and Windows PowerShell, and migrating public folders.