Autocorrect is a built in function in the Office suite for automatically correcting common typos on the fly and replacing text with symbols. In this movie, you will know how to use Autocorrect to save time when you are required to enter lengthy text on a regular basis by creating your own autocorrect entry that replaces an abbreviation with the full text.
- [Voiceover] Have you ever been typing away…on a slide here in PowerPoint…and all of a sudden you realize you made a typo?…You go back to fix it…and it's already been fixed for you.…That's autocorrect kicking in.…Maybe you forgot to capitalize a day of the week…or maybe you mixed up some characters…in the word "the" by typing T-E-H.…As soon as you hit the spacebar,…all of a sudden it's fixed up for you.…Well, autocorrect can come in handy…when fixing up typos,…but it can also come in handy…as a shortcut.…That's what we're going to do…in this movie with our…Landon Hotel presentation 0501,…if you're catching up.…
Now we're on slide one…and we're gonna go up to the PowerPoint menu…then select Preferences, Command + ,…is your keyboard shortcut…and select Autocorrect.…From here you're going to find out what's turned on…and if you see check marks like I do…all the way down,…you're going to notice that…capitalizing the first letter of sentences…is checked off, meaning,…as soon as PowerPoint sees a period,…it's going to capitalize the next word.…
- Animating objects with the Animation Painter
- Creating custom shapes and animations
- Playing sounds
- Accessing recent files fast
- Reducing file size
- Customizing the interface
- Navigating from the keyboard
- Adjusting spacing
- Creating 3D images
- Coordinating transitions
- Reusing slides
- Saving and sharing presentations
Skill Level Advanced
1. Top Ten Tips
2. Tips for File Management
Access recent files quickly4m 25s
3. Customize the User Interface
Customize the UI4m 21s
4. Keyboard and Mouse Shortcuts
5. Work with Text and Media
6. Work with Objects and Animations
7. Share Presentations
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.