Join Toni Saddler-French for an in-depth discussion in this video Create a Records Center, part of Managing Records in SharePoint.
…As we've seen before,…a Record Center is a central location where you can manage all of your records.…Consider it an archive or…repository where you can keep all of your records in one place, and have…different folders where you can manage the records, as well as a drop-off library.…It helps categorize and route documents based on their criteria.…Let's create a new Records Center site collection.…I'll click on Admin and then click on SharePoint.…Then creating the Record Center site collection is similar to creating any…other site collection in SharePoint.…
I'll click on New.…Then on the new site collection page, I'll give the record center a title.…And then I'll type in the last part of the URL.…And then under the template selection I'll click on…the enterprise tab, and then click on Record Center.…I'll specify the Administrator.…Provide a Storage Quota.…And then click OK.…As you can see, this site is processing right now and…we'll give it a few minutes and then come back and take a look at it.…
As you can see, New, now appears beside the Record Center name.…
- List three benefits of treating content as a record.
- Plan an effective records management strategy by gathering information from stakeholders.
- Organize a Records Center by creating content types.
- Define a multistage policy.
- Use site policies to manage large volumes of SharePoint sites.
- Explain troubleshooting solutions for common problems.