In this lesson, Sharon demonstrates how to create and configure Office 365 groups. The various options are explained.
- [Instructor] In this lesson, I'm going to show you…how we create Office 365 groups within our Office tenant.…I'm already logged into the Office 365 admin center,…and to create a group, simply select Groups…and then you might have to pop down…to Groups one more time.…And you'll see a list here of groups…that are already created within this tenant.…We can see the group type, being Security or Office 365,…we can see the status, meaning,…where was that group created?…You'll notice that some of these groups have come…from Active Directory, and this is from…when I had this tenant connected…to an on-premise Windows Server.…
To add a group, simply click on Add a group…and now we can add our group type,…and you'll notice that there are four here.…If by any chance you do not see an Office 365 option,…that could be because one of two reasons.…One is you do not have permission to create groups…or two, you do not have an Office 365 license assigned…to your account.…An Office 365 group, which is the recommended group now…
- Changing the default and reply-to email addresses
- Managing SIP addresses
- Creating resource mailboxes
- Creating external contacts
- Creating distribution lists
- Creating and applying retention policies for Exchange mailboxes
- Configuring Skype for Business Online communication settings
Skill Level Intermediate
Q: This course was updated on 08/13/2018. What changed?
A: New videos were added that cover creating Office 365 groups, delegating permissions using the Office 365 portal and Windows PowerShell, and migrating public folders.