Transition effects create visual interest when moving from one slide to the next in your presentation. To avoid distracting your audience, you should use the same transition throughout, which can become boring with many slides. In this movie, you will know how to apply the same transition to all slides in a presentation while changing transition options on each slide to keep the interest of your audience.
- [Voiceover] Just as we can animate objects on a slide,…we can animate the slides themselves…using transition effects.…But, when giving a presentation,…if you have too many different transition effects,…it can be distracting, taking people away…from the important content on your slide.…So, a better option when you have many slides…is to use the same transition,…but with different transition options for that effect.…Let me show you what I'm talking about as we work…with our Landon Hotel presentation here,…starting at slide one.…
You can open up Landon_Hotel0605 if you're catching up.…Looking down the left-hand side of our navigation pane here,…you can see little star icons next to some of these slides…indicating they at least have animations,…possibly transitions applied as well.…We're gonna start with a clean slate…by removing any transition effects from all of our slides…by going to Transitions up here above the ribbon.…Make sure None is selected, and then go over here…to Apply to All, give it a click.…You're gonna see most of those stars disappear.…
- Animating objects with the Animation Painter
- Creating custom shapes and animations
- Playing sounds
- Accessing recent files fast
- Reducing file size
- Customizing the interface
- Navigating from the keyboard
- Adjusting spacing
- Creating 3D images
- Coordinating transitions
- Reusing slides
- Saving and sharing presentations
Skill Level Advanced
1. Top Ten Tips
2. Tips for File Management
Access recent files quickly4m 25s
3. Customize the User Interface
Customize the UI4m 21s
4. Keyboard and Mouse Shortcuts
5. Work with Text and Media
6. Work with Objects and Animations
7. Share Presentations
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.