Sharon provides an demonstration of how to quarantine for email, as a user and administrator. She shows you how to find quarantined emails and set up lists for filtering and release safe emails.
- [Instructor] Quarantine messages are messages…that have not been delivered to the user…and have not been deleted.…These messages are sent to a quarantine folder…for the administrator to review.…The messages will be retained in the quarantine folder…until the message is released,…or when it is automatically deleted after 15 days.…Please note, the quarantine page will only display…a maximum of 500 messages.…As you will see, I have already logged in…to the Exchange admin center.…To access the Quarantine folder I'm going to go ahead…and select Quarantine under Protection.…
You'll see that we have a few messages here…that have been quarantined.…If we double click on one of the e-mails,…we can see some of the message details about that e-mail,…so our message ID, the sender, when it was received,…and the subject.…As an administrator, we have to decide…what to do with these e-mails, and we have four options.…Our first option is to release the selected message…and allow the sender.…This will send the message to the recipient…
- Managing anti-malware and anti-spam policies
- Using Office 365 Advanced Threat Protection
- Migrating mailboxes to Office 365
- Planning for Exchange Online
- Managing Skype for Business Online
Skill Level Intermediate
Q: This course was updated on 08/14/2018. What changed?
A: The following topics were updated: migrating using IMAP and the hybrid, staged, and cutover methods. In addition, new videos were added that cover configuring mobile device management, safe links, safe attachments, and client access rules, as well as how to add Pulse to a Skype Meeting Broadcast.