Skype presence provides your status to others. In this video Sharon demonstrates how to manage presence for the company. Then she shows you the experience from the user's point of view.
- [Instructor] One of the features in Skype…that I love is the Presence feature.…Presence indicates what a user is doing in real time.…Here's an example of how Presence can benefit users.…Let's say I need to call a team member…to ask a question, but before doing so,…I want to be sure my team member…is available for a call.…When I bring up the team member in Skype,…I would see their current status.…If the team member was in a meeting…or on a call, I would wait until their Presence…indicated that they were available before reaching out.…Presence is determined by what the user…is currently doing.…
For example, if a user has a meeting set up…in the calendar, the Presence indicator…would indicate In a Meeting.…The Presence options are Available,…Be right back, Away, Off work, Busy, Do not disturb,…Presenting, and offline.…And if you have set up an out of office notification…on your email, that notification…will also be displayed in Skype.…I'm now going to show you where we set up Presence…within Skype.…I've currently logged into Office 365…
- Changing the default and reply-to email addresses
- Managing SIP addresses
- Creating resource mailboxes
- Creating external contacts
- Creating distribution lists
- Creating and applying retention policies for Exchange mailboxes
- Configuring Skype for Business Online communication settings
Skill Level Intermediate
Q: This course was updated on 08/13/2018. What changed?
A: New videos were added that cover creating Office 365 groups, delegating permissions using the Office 365 portal and Windows PowerShell, and migrating public folders.