Skype is more than instant messaging. Sharon provides an overview of the other Skype services and show you how to configure these additional services.
- [Narrator] Skype is so much more…than just instant messaging.…In this video, we'll explore some of the other…Skype services and how you can control…communication from Skype.…I'm going to go ahead and flip over…to the Office 365 Admin center.…As you can see, I am currently logged in…to the Admin center of Office 365.…Next, I'm going to go ahead and launch the Skype Admin portal.…Click on Admin centers, and then Skype for Business.…The first thing I want to show you is Skype meeting broadcast.…It's under online meetings,…and then broadcast meetings.…
The Skype meeting broadcast is a new offering from Skype.…You can broadcast with up to 10,000 users in the broadcast.…It's somewhat different than a meeting or presentation,…as the audience cannot participate.…There are some options that you can configure…for broadcast meetings.…Your first option will obviously be…Enable Skype Meeting Broadcast.…Our second option is you can allow preview features…for your organization.…I'd be very cautious of turning this one on,…especially if your company relies…
- Changing the default and reply-to email addresses
- Managing SIP addresses
- Creating resource mailboxes
- Creating external contacts
- Creating distribution lists
- Creating and applying retention policies for Exchange mailboxes
- Configuring Skype for Business Online communication settings
Skill Level Intermediate
Q: This course was updated on 08/13/2018. What changed?
A: New videos were added that cover creating Office 365 groups, delegating permissions using the Office 365 portal and Windows PowerShell, and migrating public folders.