Join Toni Saddler-French for an in-depth discussion in this video Configure Send To connections for the Content Organizer, part of Managing Records in SharePoint.
…Once you have set up Content Organizer, you can add a send to connection to it, so…that content can be routed to it from other locations.…A send to connection can route the content automatically or…you can also add a send to connection to document libraries, so…that people can route their content from the library to the record center.…I'm in the engineering projects library and…I'm going to click on the project alpha specification so…that I can show you how the content can be routed to the engineering record center.…
Then I'll show you how you can add the send to connection to the new…record center we created.…I'll click on the project alpha specification and I'll go to Send to.…Then I’ll click Engineering Archive.…And then click OK.…It tells me that the submission is pending.…Basically it's going to send it to the records center so, so…that it can be further processed.…I’ll click OK.…Now let's take a look at the Engineering Records Center.…We can see the project alpha specification, and…then my record's pending submission.…
- List three benefits of treating content as a record.
- Plan an effective records management strategy by gathering information from stakeholders.
- Organize a Records Center by creating content types.
- Define a multistage policy.
- Use site policies to manage large volumes of SharePoint sites.
- Explain troubleshooting solutions for common problems.