In this demonstration, Sharon provides step by step instructions on configuring Microsoft Outlook for use with the associated Office 365 subscription.
- [Instructor] After you've installed the Office Suite, you're probably gonna wanna configure Outlook. This is a very simple process, and I'm gonna walk you through it here. This is a new installation of the Office Suite. It has yet to be configured. I know Outlook will be one of the new 10 apps that have just been installed. I'm gonna go ahead and click on Outlook. Outlook welcomes you to Outlook. We'll go ahead and click Next. Now we're given the option to setup an email account. You probably do want to set up an email account. You could choose No, and Outlook would still install.
We're gonna select Yes. I'm gonna go ahead and click Next. Next you're gonna put in your name. This will be the name that will be displayed in your emails. You'll put in your email address, and then click Next. Outlook will now go out and reach out to the Microsoft servers, to verify your account. You will be prompted for your password again. I would highly recommend clicking Remember my credentials.
Otherwise you'll be continuously prompted for your password. We're gonna go ahead, add the account. Our email account was configured for Outlook. If we wanted to add another email account, we could do so by clicking the Add another account button. In this case, we're gonna click Finish. Outlook will now run through the tidying up process. Because this is a brand new installation of Office 365 ProPlus, and I have not activated the software yet, I am required to do so. If I had opened Word instead of Outlook, I would still have this same screen, because you are required to activate the software.
I'm gonna go ahead and click Next. Our copy of Office 365 ProPlus is now activated. I'm gonna go ahead and close. And finally, you may have a display window that describes some of the new features of Outlook. I'm gonna go ahead and close this as well. We have one last configuration issue to deal with. Because I installed the Office Suite from the Office 365 portal, that means that my applications will automatically be updated.
I must click Accept in order for the application to run.
- Restricting self-provisioning of Office 365 ProPlus
- Restricting and revoking activation
- Self-provisioning Windows Store apps and Office for Mac
- Managing deployments of Office 365 ProPlus
- Enabling telemetry
- Deploying agents
- Configuring Outlook, Skype, and Office Online
- Implementing authentication