In this video, receive an introduction to the idea of using existing communities and team spaces as a channel for organizational communications. Although communities and team spaces are more often used as places for "pull" communications, they can be leveraged for targeted organizational "push" communications, too.
- Have you heard the terms push and pull communications?…Do you know the difference between them?…The quick version is that push communications…are ones that are directed outwards to an audience,…announcements, newsletters, advertisements,…publishing status reports to distribution lists.…These are all communications that are…being delivered with intent to a specific audience.…Pull communications are a bit different.…This is communication that the audience is opting to see.…
Maybe they are monitoring an online forum.…Maybe they're participating in a chat group…or an online community, either at work or privately.…The important thing to focus on is that the audience…is there because they want to be, and as such…are a little more likely to have a connection to it.…Why does this matter.…Well, let's say you wanna get information…out to your organization about an important change.…You can always send out an email announcement,…but you have no control over who actually opens…and reads that email.…
With all the competing information…
- Identify the benefits of modern file collaboration tools.
- Describe the different approaches to setting up team spaces.
- Explain the technical requirements for a collaborative workplace.
- Outline success factors in migrating to a collaborative workplace.
- Illustrate how modern technology supports collaboration.
- Define business collaboration.
Skill Level Intermediate
1. The Toolset of Collaboration
2. Why Digital Collaboration?
3. Things to Consider
4. Fostering a Modern Workplace: Culture Trumps Technology
5. Best Practices
Where to go from here2m 1s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.