In this video, see an introduction to current co-editing capabilities. Not only are there better ways to share information, but there's an ever-growing ability to work together on content. Many tools give you the ability to work with others on files simultaneously. Some even let you see exactly who is doing what live, as it happens.
- Not only are there better ways to share information,…but there's an ever growing ability to work…together on content.…Many tools give you the ability to work with others…on files simultaneously, some even let you see…exactly who is doing what live as it happens.…Why does this matter?…Well, let me give you a very simple example.…Team X has a status report that they fill out every week,…there are four people on the team…and each one only edits one area of the document.…
Now in the good old days, everybody had to wait their turn…to work on the document.…Person number one had to check the document…out of the system so that it would be locked,…otherwise if two people worked on it at the same time,…they could override each other's changes.…The person one needed to make their edits,…then save and check the document back in,…then send a message to person two…that it was their turn, and so on, and so on, and so on.…Even if everything went right, like people remembering…to check their document back in being…a major sticking point, it was a time consuming job.…
- Identify the benefits of modern file collaboration tools.
- Describe the different approaches to setting up team spaces.
- Explain the technical requirements for a collaborative workplace.
- Outline success factors in migrating to a collaborative workplace.
- Illustrate how modern technology supports collaboration.
- Define business collaboration.
Skill Level Intermediate
1. The Toolset of Collaboration
2. Why Digital Collaboration?
3. Things to Consider
4. Fostering a Modern Workplace: Culture Trumps Technology
5. Best Practices
Where to go from here2m 1s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.