In this video, learn why co-editing or controlling of files is beneficial. Although many collaboration tools allow live co-editing, there might be times when it's not a good idea. Your workflow may require a more formal process, but how would you decide?
- Earlier in this course…I talked about some tools…that let you live coedit documents,…like Google Docs and Office 365.…It's pretty cool to be working on a presentation…and see that one of your team members…is working on it at the same time,…and see what changes they're making live while it happens.…But, although many collaboration tools…allow live coediting, there might be times…when that's not a good idea.…Your workflow may require a more formal process.…
But how would you decide?…I'll be honest, this can be difficult to define…in general terms.…My feeling is that this is very situational.…It's going to change from organization to organization,…from project to project,…and maybe even from file to file.…But let's try and set some general guidelines, okay?…I think one place where coediting…is extremely useful is in allowing a team…to keep a log or status document up to date.…
If everyone has an assigned area of the file to work in,…it's a lot more convenient if people…can be working on their bits at the same time.…
- Identify the benefits of modern file collaboration tools.
- Describe the different approaches to setting up team spaces.
- Explain the technical requirements for a collaborative workplace.
- Outline success factors in migrating to a collaborative workplace.
- Illustrate how modern technology supports collaboration.
- Define business collaboration.
Skill Level Intermediate
1. The Toolset of Collaboration
2. Why Digital Collaboration?
3. Things to Consider
4. Fostering a Modern Workplace: Culture Trumps Technology
5. Best Practices
Where to go from here2m 1s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.