When typing text on a slide in PowerPoint, the font, size, and attributes are determined by the design template and theme chosed during the design process. These format settings can be overridden with custom text formatting which can at times get out of hand. In this online movie, you will know how to clear all text formatting for selected text with the click of a single button.
- [Voiceover] When you add text…to a slide here in PowerPoint,…the font, the size, and the attributes all come…with the theme you've selected for that presentation.…So you get a default look and feel.…For example, here on slide five,…we worked a little bit with spacing in the previous movie,…but you can see the default font for the title…is a little bit different than what appears down below,…as far as the size.…For consistency, it's good to stick with the defaults,…but, of course, you can override those.…Sometimes when formatting text in a slide,…things can get out of hand,…and you want to start over from the beginning,…right at the default.…
Well, there is a little button that can help us with that.…We're going to explore it in this movie…with our Landon Hotel presentation.…Landon_Hotel0503, if you're catching up.…Let's go to slide one.…Here, we have some text in a text box down below.…Let's go in there and let's just select the whole text…by clicking and dragging across everything in the box.…Next, we're experimenting.…
- Animating objects with the Animation Painter
- Creating custom shapes and animations
- Playing sounds
- Accessing recent files fast
- Reducing file size
- Customizing the interface
- Navigating from the keyboard
- Adjusting spacing
- Creating 3D images
- Coordinating transitions
- Reusing slides
- Saving and sharing presentations
Skill Level Advanced
1. Top Ten Tips
2. Tips for File Management
Access recent files quickly4m 25s
3. Customize the User Interface
Customize the UI4m 21s
4. Keyboard and Mouse Shortcuts
5. Work with Text and Media
6. Work with Objects and Animations
7. Share Presentations
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.