Join Toni Saddler-French for an in-depth discussion in this video Changing default settings for in-place records management, part of Managing Records in SharePoint.
…So you've seen how to set up in place records management for…a whole site collection.…But what if you only need it for a few libraries?…For example, maybe only your HR department or…your legal department needed to have records declaration set up.…But your other departments or other libraries did not need to have it.…Let's start by taking a look at this library's settings.…To see that it is the default setting,…we'll click on Record Declaration Settings.…You'll see that it's set to use a site collection default setting.…Which is to allow the manual declaration of records.…
Let's click Cancel.…And now let's go to the settings for the site collection.…And click Site Settings.…Scroll down to Record Declaration Settings.…And under Record Declaration Availability,…you'll see that it is set to Being Available In All Locations, by default.…Let's change that, to Not Available In All Locations by default.…This means that it must be enabled, one by one in each library.…Now lets click OK.…Let's go back to our library.…
- List three benefits of treating content as a record.
- Plan an effective records management strategy by gathering information from stakeholders.
- Organize a Records Center by creating content types.
- Define a multistage policy.
- Use site policies to manage large volumes of SharePoint sites.
- Explain troubleshooting solutions for common problems.