In this video, learn the importance of defining business requirements when selecting collaborative tools and practices. Before you make decisions on which direction to go with collaborative tools, it's important to understand your current landscape. How do your people work now? Where are the pain points? What are the gaps?
- Before you dive headfirst into collaboration,…I believe there is some homework that needs to be done.…As with any project, changing the way things are done…has the potential for causing disruption.…Now, some companies brag about disruption,…and I'm not saying that it's a bad thing…to introduce change.…But disrupting things without having…a pretty clear idea of how it will…disrupt the lives of the employees…and making plans to help them transition,…well, it's pretty stupid.…
So before you go off making decisions…on which direction to take collaborative tools…or redesign workspaces, or any of the other elements…that go into the modern workplace,…I believe it is absolutely crucial…to understand your current landscape.…What is the work the various teams…in your organization are doing?…How do they do that work now?…Are there processes which are overly complicated…which can be streamlined?…Are there clunky systems that create log jams?…What are the pain points that workers experience now?…Where are the gaps in information processes and tools?…
- Identify the benefits of modern file collaboration tools.
- Describe the different approaches to setting up team spaces.
- Explain the technical requirements for a collaborative workplace.
- Outline success factors in migrating to a collaborative workplace.
- Illustrate how modern technology supports collaboration.
- Define business collaboration.
Skill Level Intermediate
1. The Toolset of Collaboration
2. Why Digital Collaboration?
3. Things to Consider
4. Fostering a Modern Workplace: Culture Trumps Technology
5. Best Practices
Where to go from here2m 1s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.