Bookmarking a message gives you the ability to refer to it later without searching or scrolling through a conversation channel to find it. It's a great way to quickly access important information later. In this video, take a look at the like function, which is a small feature for adding your approval or drawing attention to a message.
- [Narrator] Sometimes a message will be posted…in a channel that is particularly important.…You may need to call attention to it,…or even bookmark it so you can remember to view…that information later.…In another movie, we saw that you can point…your mouse cursor at a message that's been posted…and you will see a few buttons appear over here…on the far right.…If it's a message that you posted,…there are three buttons,…but if it's a message that somebody else posted,…you will only see these two.…And these are the two buttons that I want to talk about…in this movie.…
The thumbs up button is a like button,…and if you've used Facebook, this is almost exactly the same…as the like button there.…All you need to do is click on it and it marks…that you've liked that message.…So, if one of my teammates posts…an important message like this,…I can like that message just by pointing at it,…click on the little thumbs up button,…and now that message has been liked.…I can see the thumbs up will stay there…and it has a little number one next to it…
Lynda.com is a PMI Registered Education Provider. This course qualifies for professional development units (PDUs). To view the activity and PDU details for this course, click here.
The PMI Registered Education Provider logo is a registered mark of the Project Management Institute, Inc.
- Touring the interface
- Creating teams and adding members
- Sending, receiving, editing, and deleting messages
- Using chats for private messages
- Managing and deleting teams, channels, and team members
- Scheduling a meeting and inviting attendees
- Sharing files
- Customizing channel tabs
- Using bots to add extra functionality
- Adjusting user settings
- Accessing administrator settings
- Using the mobile app for iOS and Android