In this video, receive an introduction to the concepts of BYOD/BYOA and understand some of the challenges. "Bring your own device" and "Bring your own app" are ideals that many companies are trying to move to. How can this help — or hinder — collaboration?
- Here are another couple of ideas…that are generating a lot of discussion…in the arena of the modern workplace.…Bring your own device and bring your own applications.…Now, the talking points for proponents are easy…to understand.…Instead of a company mandating a certain type of equipment,…iPhone over Android, or Mac over PC,…you let people use their own.…The things that they're the most familiar with.…Same for applications.…There are a few things that everyone will have in common,…like network and exchange servers,…but you're free to use your own software tools instead…of a common standard.…
For example, you can use Open Office instead…of Microsoft Office.…Why is this attractive?…Well, obviously employees like it…for the freedom it gives them to work with hardware…and software that they're familiar with…or prefer for their own personal reasons.…It can definitely up the employee satisfaction quotient.…There are some financial incentives too.…If a company lets employees…use their existing personal phones for business,…
- Identify the benefits of modern file collaboration tools.
- Describe the different approaches to setting up team spaces.
- Explain the technical requirements for a collaborative workplace.
- Outline success factors in migrating to a collaborative workplace.
- Illustrate how modern technology supports collaboration.
- Define business collaboration.
Skill Level Intermediate
1. The Toolset of Collaboration
2. Why Digital Collaboration?
3. Things to Consider
4. Fostering a Modern Workplace: Culture Trumps Technology
5. Best Practices
Where to go from here2m 1s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.