When you need to be very precise with the placement and sizing of an object or multiple objects, PowerPoint offers some additional tool that can help. In this online movie, you will know how to turn on the rulers as well as guides to make them visible on your slides. Then, you will know how to add additional guides, and move them around so objects can placed according to the guides for maximum precision. You will also know how make objects snap to gridlines for easy placement.
- [Voiceover] The dynamic guides we explored…in the previous movie offer a great opportunity…to quickly get things sized, aligned, and spaced evenly,…but there are better options if you need…to be more precise.…And we're gonna explore those in this movie…as we continue with our Landon Hotel presentation,…0302 if you're catching up.…And we're actually gonna go down to,…slide six, give it a click down here on the left-hand side…where you can see there is a table that's sitting here,…probably not in the right spot, it's not the right shape…and size, so we're going to use some precision…in getting it perfectly placed on our slide.…
The first thing we need to do is turn on the ruler.…So we can use measurements.…Now there are different view options.…We can go to the View menu, give it a click,…and you'll notice Ruler appears right there.…Give it a click, and the ruler appears across the top.…Next we'll go up to the View menu again…and go down to Guides,…and you can see there's our Dynamic Guides,…but there's also something called Guides right below it.…
- Animating objects with the Animation Painter
- Creating custom shapes and animations
- Playing sounds
- Accessing recent files fast
- Reducing file size
- Customizing the interface
- Navigating from the keyboard
- Adjusting spacing
- Creating 3D images
- Coordinating transitions
- Reusing slides
- Saving and sharing presentations
Skill Level Advanced
1. Top Ten Tips
2. Tips for File Management
Access recent files quickly4m 25s
3. Customize the User Interface
Customize the UI4m 21s
4. Keyboard and Mouse Shortcuts
5. Work with Text and Media
6. Work with Objects and Animations
7. Share Presentations
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.