This video explores user settings in Microsoft Teams. We'll see how to change the color of the interface, access a list of keyboard shortcuts, change the notification alerts you will receive, and other important settings.
- [Trainer] I'd like to take a quick look at User Settings…which are fairly standard.…There are not a lot of surprises here…but I wanted to make sure you know where to find them…and get an idea of what adjustments you can make.…To get to Settings you should click on your account icon…which is this button all the way in the bottom left corner…with either your picture or initials on it.…When you click on that,…it opens up this menu.…So, let's take a look at a few of the options you have here…in these settings.…First, I want to talk about this option…to change your picture.…If you don't have a picture…or if you want a different picture,…you can go here and swap out your picture.…
This is the Office 365 account picture.…So, if you change that,…you're changing it for other Office 365 tools as well.…Having an account picture is really nice…because that will appear next to each of the messages…that you post in Teams allowing your teammates…to identify your messages more quickly.…Earlier in the course,…we saw this Saved option.…
Lynda.com is a PMI Registered Education Provider. This course qualifies for professional development units (PDUs). To view the activity and PDU details for this course, click here.
The PMI Registered Education Provider logo is a registered mark of the Project Management Institute, Inc.
- Touring the interface
- Creating teams and adding members
- Sending, receiving, editing, and deleting messages
- Using chats for private messages
- Managing and deleting teams, channels, and team members
- Scheduling a meeting and inviting attendees
- Sharing files
- Customizing channel tabs
- Using bots to add extra functionality
- Adjusting user settings
- Accessing administrator settings
- Using the mobile app for iOS and Android