PowerPoint themes come with preset color and font schemes that format slides for you using their own built in settings. But what happens when you need to make text fit properly on the slide? In this movie, you will know how to override theme text formatting by changing the paragraph spacing between lines and paragraphs to make text fit better on a slide.
- [Voiceover] Sometimes when working with text on a slide,…you don't have the right amount of text.…For example, if you have too little text in a large text box…it can kind of look like it's sitting there,…stranded by itself…or you may have too much text for a text box…and then things start to look a little crowded.…Well, there are some tricks we can use…to make text look nice on a slide.…That's what we're going to do…with our Landon Hotel presentation 0502…from the chapter five folder of your exercise files,…if you're catching up.…Let's go to slide five over here on the left,…where we do have a text box with three paragraphs.…
Now, we'll just click inside…and click right at the bottom.…Inside, you'll notice there's a blank line there.…It looks like two blank lines actually.…When you hit the backspace delete key to take that out,…it actually takes out the blank line.…That tells me extra space is being added between paragraphs.…If we try to click between the first and second paragraph,…you'll notice it doesn't work.…
- Animating objects with the Animation Painter
- Creating custom shapes and animations
- Playing sounds
- Accessing recent files fast
- Reducing file size
- Customizing the interface
- Navigating from the keyboard
- Adjusting spacing
- Creating 3D images
- Coordinating transitions
- Reusing slides
- Saving and sharing presentations
Skill Level Advanced
1. Top Ten Tips
2. Tips for File Management
Access recent files quickly4m 25s
3. Customize the User Interface
Customize the UI4m 21s
4. Keyboard and Mouse Shortcuts
5. Work with Text and Media
6. Work with Objects and Animations
7. Share Presentations
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.