Join Toni Saddler-French for an in-depth discussion in this video Adding content types, libraries, and folders to manage records, part of Managing Records in SharePoint.
…Once you've created a Records Center.…There are several tasks you may want to do to get your Records Center ready to…receive records.…There's a setting in…a Records Center that makes it easy to manage all of these tasks.…You go to the Settings menu, you'll see Manage Records Center.…This is a page that gives you a lot of options and…a lot of advice for the next steps.…We're going to start by creating content types.…And creating records, libraries and folders.…I'll click on Create Content Types.…As you've seen before, content types are a way to categorize content, add templates,…properties and other settings.…
If you need more guidance on content types,…see the SharePoint Essentials 2014 course by Jenny Quarter.…I'll click Create Content Types.…And then, I'll click Create.…I'm going to create a Statement of Work content type.…And I'm going to use the Document Content Type…as a basis for this one.…I'm going to add it to the document content types group.…I'll click OK.…Now I want to add a site column to this content type.…
- List three benefits of treating content as a record.
- Plan an effective records management strategy by gathering information from stakeholders.
- Organize a Records Center by creating content types.
- Define a multistage policy.
- Use site policies to manage large volumes of SharePoint sites.
- Explain troubleshooting solutions for common problems.