Join David Rivers for an in-depth discussion in this video Adding audio and video files, part of OneNote for Mac 2011 Essential Training.
- When working with a traditional paper notebook, there are things you can add, like text, writing things down. You can even clip out pictures and paste them in there. One thing you can't do, though, is add audio and video. We can in our OneNote notebooks, and that's what we are going to do next. So let's say there are certain audio and video files that we want to keep on hand, that we can use in, perhaps, other files like Power Point presentations, I'm thinking our User Conference 2016, if we go up here and click this tab to access that section of our Business notebook, you'll notice over here we have one blank page waiting for us to insert something.
Let's add some media files that we might need to have on hand. All right, press return and we're down into the page area and we can start adding things like an audio file. We do that by going to the Insert tab on the ribbon, or the Insert menu up above, and choosing File Attachment. So, just like attaching any other file, when we give it a click, we get to go browsing for the file. You'll notice in the Chapter 2 folder of your Exercise Files, there's an mp3 file. We can add wave files as well.
When we select it and click Insert, it's inserted inside its own container. When you click it once to select it, you'll notice the preview icon, looks like an eye, you can give that a click to listen to your audio. Let's give it a click. We can mute it, unmute it, and close it up when we're done listening. That's the file we want, we may need that for our User Conference. Now, we'll click anywhere in the empty space outside the container and try adding a video file.
Yeah, we can do that, too. Click File Attachment again, you'll notice there's a .mov, a movie file, RideBy. We can also add other formats as well, but select this one and click Insert. And we can move it around, it's in its own container as well, and we can click the preview icon to open up this video file and take a look. Just going to mute it, but that's the exact video that we want to have on hand for our User Conference.
I'm going to close this up by clicking the close button on the top left corner. Now, I've just added a couple of media files. So, the nice thing about a OneNote notebook, something you can't do with a traditional paper notebook is add things like audio and video.
- Creating and deleting notebooks
- Copying and pasting content
- Adding pictures, audio and video, attachments, and more to notes
- Formatting text
- Viewing and organizing notes
- Creating tables
- Sharing and syncing notebooks