Using the Active Directory Federation Services Configuration Wizard, additional AD FS Servers can be added to the AD FS farm, ensuring high availability. Additional servers can also be added using PowerShell. Sharon will demonstrate how to add additional servers into the topology using both the wizard and PowerShell.
- View Offline
- [Voiceover] Now that my primary server has been set up,…I can easily add more servers to the ADFS implementation.…Additional servers may need to be added…for high availability or if the workload increases.…Adding more servers is a very similar process…as adding the primary server.…As always, we must ensure the server is domain-joined…and the SSL certificate has been imported.…This will be the server that I will be installing…the additional ADFS role on.…The server is currently domain-joined,…but I have not imported the certificate yet.…
I will run through that for you.…We do this through the MMC console,…and add the snap-in.…This will be the certificate snap-in.…It will be a computer account,…and again this will be the local computer.…This will be the one I'm working on.…This adds the certificates into the root.…I can expand my certificates.…This point, I'm going to right-click on personal,…and I'm going to go ahead and import that certificate.…
This is our information screen,…and I go ahead and click Next.…I'm going to browse for our certificate.…
Here, system admins will learn how to implement and manage federated identities for single sign-on in Office 365. Microsoft Certified Trainer Sharon Bennett shows how to plan for an Active Directory Federation Services (AD FS), install the AD FS role on Windows Server 2012 R2, and install and manage AD FS proxy servers.
Note: This training course maps to the Implement and Manage Federated Identities for SSO domain for Microsoft Certification exam 70-346.
- Planning for AD FS
- Sizing your infrastructure
- Configuring clients
- Installing the AD FS role
- Managing your servers
- Installing and configuring the AD FS proxy
- Tips for taking Microsoft Certification exam 70-346